Monday, December 8, 2008

Farewell to the Marquesas



November 12, 2008

Sadly we had to leave these magic islands. I stood on the deck and watched them disappear as I sketched as their craggy peaks fading into the mists. People came up to the top deck, wearing their flowered 'crowns' or leis, leaned over the edge and tossed them into the wake.

While I would have loved to bring my lovely bright green leaf 'crown' home, I knew it would never get past the eagle eyes of customs at LAX, so I joined them, and tossed it overboard, with the wish of a speedy return.

1 comment:

Alison Watt said...

great!!!!to see that you are blogging and sharing your wonderful adventures and paintings with a wider audience. We are about half-way down the west coast of Baja and have stopped briefly to catch up on emails. don't have much time to read your blog, but will definitely do so soon, when I have more internet time